En Route to San Diego: Carlsbad


Ummm y-e-s, I'm still doing my recap of our recent holiday in the States and boy, oh boy it's taking me an age! But I'll get there eventually. ;)

Okay, so after all of our fantastic LA adventures {Venice Beachthe Farmers Market & The GroveSanta Monica PierUniversal StudiosHollywood & Beverly Hills and Disneyland}, we said goodbye to our LA home-away-from-home in West Hollywood...





... and headed off {in our red hire car} to our next stop - San Diego. :)


The drive from LA to San Diego is approximately 2 hours, and because it was such a gorgeous day and we'd never been to these parts before, we decided to stop for lunch and a swim on our way down.

This Californian coastline is absolutely beautiful so we really enjoyed our road trip that day...






^ I can almost feel the heat of that gorgeous day, looking at these photos.  Man, I love summer! ^

We decided to stop in Carlsbad because it is super pretty and The Armenian Cafe promised a delicious lunch al fresco, so that was it.




^ Check out the slightly pained expressions when I haul out my camera! Oops! Sorry, guys. ;) ^








^ Mmmm, I love dolmades! ^




It turned out to be the perfect restaurant choice for a hot summer's day - all the food was delicious, light and just what we felt like. All washed down with a cold beer shandy. Hmmmmm.

And then we headed down to the beach for a swim...






^ The boys checking the Soccer World Cup scores on Grant's iPhone! ^






And then it was back into the car to do the second half of our trip down to San Diego:




This was such an amazing day - we were full of the joys of a summer holiday!

It felt sooo good to get into our car after those fun days in LA, and drive off into the unknown. I'm so missing those carefree, adventure days now! #summerholidaysarethebest




No comments