The Bay of Islands Post {Eventually}


Wow, this has been another crazy-busy, fun week of meeting friends for coffee, having lunch with family and friends; and being involved in a plethora of school related functions and activities. Not a dull moment to be had - so much so, that I'm actually looking forward to some quiet time this weekend! Quiet time, and spending time with my husband who has been working ridiculous hours lately. {It's been so ridiculous that I'd even be happy to watch him sleep at this stage!}


⟵⟵⟵⟵⟵⟵☼⟶⟶⟶⟶⟶⟶


So, I've been promising a post about our trip to the Bay of Islands in January - and so far nothing has materialized! But wait! What's this? ;)  ⟶⟶⟶⟶⟶⟶⟶ 





We celebrated Grant's birthday on board the Ipipiri in the Bay of Islands in January this year; and we were lucky enough to have two sets of friends from Cape Town with us, to join in the festivities. {We've been fortunate to have been on this boat before and knew it would be a great place to take visiting friends and celebrate Grant's birthday.}



^ Paul and Grant have been friends since their first year of school! ^


^ My mom and Jessica having a moment. ^


^ Sarah at the birthday dinner that night. ^


^ Paul and Luke on the roof top. ^


^ Paul's wife, Chantal, enjoying the sunshine. ^



^ Shelley and me. ^


And here are a couple of videos I took while on board. The first one was taken up on the roof while the boat was going (excuse the wind noise). The Bay of Islands up north is truly a spectacularly beautiful part of New Zealand.





And this next one features lots of beautiful dolphins! Most of the people on board had their cameras or mobile phones out, videoing this wonderful experience:








We had so much fun on this trip and I have many fond memories of our time with our friends on board this gorgeous boat.

And that's the end of my series of trip posts from the beginning of this year! I'm so happy to have documented them here at last. :)

Now on to making more plans for future trips to some more exciting places around this part of the world. ;)

I hope you all have a lovely weekend out there!









No comments