Mid-Winter Break: Wet 'n Wild

We spent the first day of our holiday at Wet 'n Wild, a water theme park. I'm not sure who decided on that name, but whoever it was, definitely had a sense of humour.


Anyway, about 15 minutes after getting there, I made the decision that I wasn't going to let loose on the water slides. Call me old. Whatever.


I did, however, have the best time watching the kids and Grant slide down every available water slide in that park. And it was hilarious! Just to see their faces and hear their screams. Brilliant.  


Sheer vertical drop in a closed tube, with water running in it?
No, thank you. But in my defence, the others only went once.


Grant, far left, coming first. And lovin' it!


First day: huge fun had by all.







4 comments

  1. You didn't go on the water slide because someone had to stay behind and take the photos ~ right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I came across your blog on the SA expat site a while back. I arrived in NZ myself from SA in 2003 with my three girls, am now married to a Kiwi and loving life here in Auckland. My own blog is sadly neglected layout wise and I was hoping you could point me in the right direction. How do you get a nice blog layout (like yours and all the others). Did you do it yourself / did you pay someone to do it for you? I'd really appreciate some info. Thanks and regard, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely, Valentina! ^_* That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol. :) You flatter me! But really, my blog is very basic and I'd love it to be more professional looking, but this is all I can manage on my own. I did this all myself, it was just trial and error, really. I went for the Simple template on blogger and customized the colours etc. from there. I watched blogger videos, went into the help section and read about how to do things and add things; and just took it from there.

    If you see something on someone else's blog that you like, click on it and it'll take you to the site where you can download it for your own blog.

    And then I joined a few sites and they offer a download link to their site which is easily downloadable. Just follow their instructions.

    Google also offer some great things - go into your account and see what they've got.

    Sorry I can't be of more help than that. I'm teaching myself as I go along! Hahahaha!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete