School Outing to Ambury Farm


Last week I was a parent helper on a Year 1 school outing to Ambury Regional Park in South Auckland. The kids had a full day of learning all about farm animals - they got to watch a cow being milked, they saw a sheep being 'crutched' (don't ask), they brushed a huuuge horse, fed the resident cows, lambs, goats, ducks and chickens, and went on a long walk around the farm. They loved it.

But by the time we got back on the bus to head home that afternoon, the kids weren't the only ones who were tired.  I was totally e-x-h-a-u-s-t-e-d, you guys. I blame all that fresh, poopy air. Oh, and also my obsessive head counting! I was in charge of 4 boys who never seemed to be standing next to one another! Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that my duty extended to making sure the kids remained seated at all times on the bus trip home; (and the awful smell of cow poop in the air on that bus), I could very well have fallen asleep as we crossed the bridge and headed back to the North Shore.



No comments